How close is Hurricane Florence’s track to past hurricanes with a Carolina landfall?
As of Tuesday afternoon, Beaufort County continues to be outside the projected path of Hurricane Florence, according to the National Hurricane Center, however, the area will likely see effects of the storm.
If you have a storm-related question or information you think would be important or helpful to share with others, please email email@example.com, comment on this story or direct message us on The Island Packet’s Facebook page or The Beaufort Gazette’s Facebook page.
We will post the answers to each question here and update this list throughout the day.
Bookmark this page for the latest information.
What you need to know now
- Could the evacuation order that was lifted be reinstated in Beaufort County?
- Beaufort County in possible path of the storm
- Are the airports going to close?
- How many people evacuated before order went into effect?
- When will Beaufort County schools reopen?
- Are we still required to evacuate?
- When will trash service resume in Beaufort County?
- Wait. Aren’t we still in the “cone”?
- Is Beaufort County under a hurricane watch?
- Will Parris Island recruits graduate this week?
- What’s the difference between ‘mandatory’ and ‘voluntary’ evacuation?
What’s open now
- Accident near Hilton Head exit slows traffic on I-95
- LIVE: Beaufort County traffic conditions
- LIVE: South Carolina traffic conditions
- LIVE: I-95 traffic conditions
- Livestream of Hilton Head Island beaches
- Tidal chart for the week
- How does Hurricane Florence’s path compare to Hurricane Matthew and Tropical Storm Irma?
- How much rain should we expect from Hurricane Florence?
- What kind of damage could Hurricane Florence bring to South Carolina’s coast?
- Here’s how to read updates on Hurricane Florence
- Here’s what hurricane categories mean — and how much damage to expect
- Hurricane hazards you should be aware of
- Here’s how a storm surge could affect each Beaufort County town
- Why ‘storm surge’ is one of the biggest threats to Beaufort County during a hurricane
- Sign up for mobile news alerts
- Information to store in your phone ahead of the storm
- Sign up here for alerts from the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office’s Emergency Management Division
- If you see price gouging, here’s what you should do
- Where can I get sandbags in Beaufort County right now?
- 5 of the most practical pieces of advice Hilton Head has learned from hurricanes
- What should I be doing right now?
- 5 things you need to do when preparing for a hurricane
- Duct tape won’t cut it. Tips for boarding up your windows
- Is it true stores in Beaufort County are already running out of supplies?
- 6 things to have in your pet’s evacuation kit
- Don’t forget your boat. Here’s how to secure it ahead of a hurricane
- How do I know I’m prepared enough?
- Close calls, regrets and other stories from those who stayed in Beaufort County during Hurricane Matthew
- 2018 list of storm names
- Beaufort County seems to be reacting differently to this storm. Why is that?
- South Carolinians have evacuation on the mind. Just ask Google
- Watch As Hurricane Hugo strengthens as it approaches the U.S. East Coast
- Here’s how the Atlantic and eastern Pacific hurricane seasons differ