Damaging winds from Hurricane Florence moving inland, water also a threat
As of Monday afternoon, Beaufort County continues to be in the projected path of Hurricane Florence, according to the National Hurricane Center.
If you have a storm-related question or information you think would be important or helpful to share with others, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, comment on this story or direct message us on The Island Packet’s Facebook page or The Beaufort Gazette’s Facebook page.
We will post the answers to each question here and update this list throughout the day. Bookmark this page for the latest information.
Things to know right now
- UPDATE: Mandatory evacuation ordered for Beaufort County
- Will the bridges to Hilton Head Island close after evacuation starts?
- If I leave Beaufort County after the evacuation starts Tuesday will I be able to come back?
- The latest update on where Hurricane Florence is and when it’s expected to make landfall
- Does being outside of the ‘cone of uncertainty’ even matter at this point?
- Should I book a hotel room before we know if we’re even evacuating?
- We’re currently under a state of emergency. What does that mean?
- What are airlines doing for travelers who need to change plans because of Hurricane Florence?
What to know about evacuating
- Everything you need to know about Tuesday’s evacuation
- When will tolls be lifted on the Cross Island Parkway?
- A guide to evacuation
- Livestream of Hilton Head Island beaches
- How does Hurricane Florence’s path compare to Hurricane Matthew and Tropical Storm Irma?
- Beaufort County seems to be reacting differently to this storm. Why is that?
- How much rain should we expect from Hurricane Florence?
- What kind of damage could Hurricane Florence bring to South Carolina’s coast?
- Here’s how to read updates on Hurricane Florence
- What it looks and feels like to stand in Category 3 winds
- What should I be doing right now?
- 5 things you need to do when preparing for a hurricane
- Duct tape won’t cut it. Tips for boarding up your windows
- Is it true stores in Beaufort County are already running out of supplies?
- 6 things to have in your pet’s evacuation kit
- Don’t forget your boat. Here’s how to secure it ahead of a hurricane
- Information to store in your phone right now
- Sign up here for alerts from the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office’s Emergency Management Division
- If you see price gouging, here’s what you should do
Closures and cancellations
- When will Beaufort County Schools reopen? When are makeup days?
- Here’s what has been closed or canceled Monday in Beaufort County
- What about graduation at Parris Island this week?
- Check current Beaufort County traffic conditions here
- Check current South Carolina traffic conditions here
Back in the day and other stuff
- Close calls, regrets and other stories from those who stayed in Beaufort County during Hurricane Matthew
- 2018 list of storm names