Update: 8:00 p.m.
Multiple wrecks have been reported on Beaufort County roadways Wednesday as freezing rain and snow moved into the area and bridges began to ice over.
Around 7 p.m all lanes of I-95 south were blocked two miles north of the Georgia state line because of a disabled vehicle, according to the S.C. Department of Transportation's 511 website.
The right lane of I-95 south is blocked four miles north of Exit 8 onto U.S. 278-Hilton Head Island because of a disabled vehicle, according to SCDOT.
Never miss a local story.
Both incidents were ongoing as of 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Drivers were advised to plan for difficult travel conditions, especially during the afternoon commute, according to the National Weather Service in Charleston.
Here are some of the accidents reported Wednesday:
▪ A single-vehicle accident was reported on Windrush Lane in Bluffton around 2:30 p.m., according to Bluffton Township Fire District spokesman Capt. Randy Hunter. There were no injuries.
▪ The southbound lanes at the 4 mile marker on I-95 are now clear after an overturned tractor trailer had blocked traffic, the S.C. Highway Patrol said.
▪ The overpass at Exit 8 off I-95 in Jasper County is closed in both directions. However, drivers are still able to use the entrance and exit ramps onto I-95.
▪ An accident has been reported at U.S. 278 and Crescent Drive in Bluffton. The left turn lane and left through lanes are blocked on westbound U.S. 278.
▪ A vehicle is in the median on U.S. 278 at Simmonsville Road.
▪ An accident has been reported at Ribaut Road and Casablanca Circle in Port Royal. The right lane of U.S. 21 northbound is blocked.
▪ A crash has been reported on Ribaut Road at Lady’s Island Drive.
▪ A vehicle appears to have slid off the roadway at U.S. 21 and U.S. 17 near Trask Parkway.
▪ Traffic is slow between Argent Boulevard and Coastal Carolina Hospital, according to reports.
The Sol Blatt Bridge leading onto the Cross Island Parkway is now closed, as is the Harriet Tubman Bridge in northern Beaufort County, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office news release. The Cross Island Bridge is closed in both directions, according to Hilton Head Island Fire & Rescue.
The Whale Branch and Chowan Creek bridges re-opened around 10:45 a.m. The Richard V. Woods Memorial and J.E. McTeer bridges re-opened around 11:30 a.m.
Traffic lights on Savannah Highway have been affected by power outages reported in the Shell Point and Parris Island area.
The Bluffton Parkway Flyover reopened just before 1 p.m.
Rain has caused ice to form on the Fripp Island and Hilton Head Island bridges, according to the Sheriff’s Office news release,.
There are also reports of ice on the New River and Johnson Creek Bridges.
The bridge on U.S. 278 over S.C. 170 is solid ice, but remains open, according to Capt. Randy Hunter of the Bluffton Township Fire District.
The latest forecast includes rain, freezing rain and sleet before 3 p.m. Totaly daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches is possible.
Check road conditions here as the day continues.
This story will be updated as weather conditions worsen.