Gov. Nikki Haley has ordered a general evacuation of coastal communities, including Beaufort and Jasper counties, beginning the afternoon of Oct. 5, 2016. As a result, assume that most businesses, schools and government offices will not be operating.
Rescheduled events and re-openings
If you are an event organizer and have rescheduled an event because of Hurricane Matthew, email@example.com and we will list new dates and times below. We will also list business re-openings.
▪ The Daufuskie Island Rum and Strum Music festival will be rescheduled for Nov. 4-5.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Fishcamp on Broad Creek’s opening will now open on Wednesday, Oct. 12.
▪ Our Lady's Pantry in Beaufort will be closed due to the storm and plans on reopening on Oct. 10.
▪ The following restaurants will be closed from Wednesday through Saturday morning, and will re-open for dinner service, weather permitting, on Saturday evening: Aunt Chilada’s Easy Street Café, Carolina Crab Company, The Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek, The Crazy Crab Harbour Town and The Boardroom.
▪ Reilley’s Grill & Bar and Reilley’s North End Pub may remain open for the majority of the storm, weather permitting, but the final determination on their hours will be made Wednesday.
▪ The City of Hinesville’s Annual Healthy Hinesville 5K Run/Walk will be rescheduled for Nov. 5.
▪ Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. in Savannah and Brunswick will be closed from Thursday, Oct. 6, through Sunday, Oct. 9. Both sites are slated to re-open on Monday, Oct. 10.