Some area grocery stores will be closing early as freezing rain, sleet and snow begin to impact Beaufort County and the area remains under a winter storm warning.
Here’s a list that will be updated throughout the day.
▪ Food Lion: currently open but monitoring conditions.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Kroger at Belfair Towne Village: currently open (and open 24 hours).
▪ Publix at Buckwalter Place: closed; reopening at 9 a.m. Thursday.
▪ Publix at Bluffton Commons at Belfair: closing at noon Wednesday, reopening at 9 a.m. Thursday.
▪ Food Lion at Okatie Village: currently open and unsure of whether it will close early.
On Hilton Head Island:
▪ Bi-Lo at Coligny: no one answered the phone.
▪ Bi-Lo at Matthews Drive: no one answered the phone.
▪ The Fresh Market: closed; will reopen at 8 a.m. Thursday.
▪ Harris Teeter at Main Street Village: open.
▪ Kroger at Shelter Cove Towne Center: open.
▪ Piggly Wiggly at Coligny Plaza: open.
▪ Whole Foods: closing at 4 p.m. Wednesday; unsure of schedule Thursday.
▪ Bi-Lo at Beaufort Town Center: closed; will reopen Thursday at a time to be determined.
▪ Food Lion on Shanklin Road: currently open till further notice, and evaluating weather tomorrow.
On Lady’s Island:
▪ Food Lion at Sams Point Road: currently open but monitoring conditions.
▪ Publix: no one answered the phone; a reader reported the store had closed.
In Port Royal:
▪ Piggly Wiggly: closing at 12 p.m. Wednesday; open regular hours Thursday.
▪ Publix at New River: closed; will reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday.
This story will be updated.