Victim in Beaufort County shooting transported to MUSC from local hospital
This story was updated on Feb. 28 with new information.
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Tuesday afternoon Burton shooting, according to Sheriff’s Office spokesman Capt. Bob Bromage.
Deputies arrived to find an adult male gunshot victim near Milledge Village Road and Lexxus Lane shortly after 2:30 p.m., Bromage said. He could not yet comment on the number of times the victim had been shot.
A witness told deputies he was in the area when he heard a single gunshot and saw a white female he did not know back her car into a tree and leave, according to a Sheriff’s Office report. The man ran toward the victim, who was lying about 30 feet from the front door of a home in the neighborhood. Other neighbors reported hearing one shot as well, but no one saw what happened.
Beaufort County EMS started to treat the man’s wounds on scene, Bromage said. The man was initially taken to Beaufort Memorial Hospital and later transported to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
The victim suffered at least one gunshot wound, but no further information was available on his injuries on Wednesday, Bromage said.
By 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, no arrests had been made in connection with the shooting.
Joan McDonough: 843-706-8125, @IPBG_Joan
This story was originally published February 27, 2018 at 3:19 PM with the headline "Victim in Beaufort County shooting transported to MUSC from local hospital."