Mark your calendars: The Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival is less than two weeks away.
The 11th annual event, which highlights Lowcountry cuisine and culture while raising money for charity through the David M. Carmines Memorial Foundation, is scheduled for Feb. 19-25 at venues on Hilton Head and in Bluffton. More than 5,000 people attended the main event last year, making it one of the biggest festivals on the island.
The festival’s website notes that all events are rain or shine.
One event, the Seafood, Champagne and Gullah Sunday Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 25, at Hudson’s Seafood on the Docks, is already sold out. Several other events have limited seats available.
Below is the schedule for the rest of the lineup. Tickets are available at hiltonheadseafoodfestival.com unless otherwise noted.
Lowcountry Seafood Experience on the Water
A two-hour excursion includes shrimping, oystering, clamming and crabbing with Lowcountry fishermen Christopher and Matthew Shoemaker. Afterward, guests will dine on their catch at Hudson’s.
- When: 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 19 and 2 p.m. Feb. 22; times may vary because of tide conditions
- Where: Hudson’s Seafood on the Docks
- How much: $69 per person
- Tickets: Call Christopher at (843) 304-2878 for a reservation
A Day Afield: An afternoon with gun or rod, followed by an evening with chef, farmer and family
The afternoon’s shooting and fishing culminates in a four-course, family-style dinner by Chef Clayton Rollison of Lucky Rooster Kitchen and Bar and Johnathan Buck of Husk. Cocktail hour before dinner features a dog demonstration.
- When: 1 to 9 p.m. Monday, Feb. 19
- Where: Turkey Hill Plantation in Ridgeland
- How much: $375 for competitors in the sporting clays tournament; $265 for fly fishing instruction or shooting instruction and casual skeet shooting; $165 for observers
- Tickets: Call (843) 384-6410
Culinary demonstrations and master class
Chef Ryan Ryan Prewitt of Peche in New Orleans will demonstrate how to make Roasted Cobia in a Taylor Clam Broth from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Chef Martin Rios of Restaurant Martín, in Santa Fe, New Mexico, will prepare Tandori Spiced Yellow Fin Tuna with Duck Fat Roasted Young Carrots, Carrot-Coconut Puree and Broccoli Crisp from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. A cookbook signing will follow.
Chef Lee Lucier and Executive Chef Scott Bodkin of the South Carolina Yacht Club will demonstrate two styles of seafood burgers from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- When: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22
- Where: South Carolina Yacht Club
- How much: $99 for all three classes or $39 for each individual class
Learn techniques from guest pitmasters and get a preview taste of the Pig Pickin’ and Oyster Roast.
- When: 4:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22
- Where: Waddell Mariculture Center
- How much: $39
James Beard Foundation’s Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner
This multi-course dinner with wine pairings features a diverse group of James Beard Foundation Award winners.
- When: 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22
- Where: Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
- How much: $175 general admission
Sip and Shop Presented by Tanger Outlets
Shop for spring fashions and enjoy a cooking demo by Chef Kenny Gilbert of “Top Chef,” light bites and a souvenir tasting glass. Participants must be 21 or older.
- When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23
- Where: Tanger Outlets
- How much: $29; guests receive a $10 gift card
Pig Pickin’ and Oyster Roast
A quintessential, Lowcounty family-style culinary celebration with chefs and pitmasters preparing local shrimp, whole hogs, whole chickens, chopped barbecue and sides. Add in brews, wines, signature cocktails and live music.
- When: 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23
- Where: Waddell Mariculture Center
- How much: $69
Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival
This family-friendly headlining event features more than 25 restaurants, food trucks and culinary vendors, cooking demonstrations, an expanded Kids Zone, a silent auction and artisan vendors. Deas-Guyz are on stage from noon to 4 p.m.
- When: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24
- Where: Historic Honey Horn Plantation
- How much: $8 general admission and free for children age 10 and under; combo packs and VIP Lounge tickets available