The assault charge against one of the women involved in a road rage incident in the Bluffton Promenade was dismissed last month, but the other woman involved will still face trial Tuesday afternoon.
The woman whose charge was dismissed last month said she had been attacked by a man and woman who had accused her of speeding, leading to a confrontation at the Bluffton Promenade that turned violent Sept. 5. The pair confronted her in a parking lot at the Promenade as she walked to a nearby restaurant for work that day. She said the pair also accused her of nearly hitting their children with her car.
The women were both charged with assault by the Bluffton Police Department Sept. 17, 12 days after the encounter took place.
A Bluffton Municipal Court clerk confirmed Monday that the woman's charge was dismissed Oct. 27, correcting a previous report that both women involved were headed to trial Tuesday afternoon.
The exchange of blows was caught on camera by a resident who turned it over to police. The two women both were charged because of conflicting accounts of the incident, a police spokesman said in September.
Contrary to previous reports, the man seen in the video was not charged in the incident, police have said.
Follow reporter Matt McNab at twitter.com/IPBG_Matt.
- Bluffton Promenade road rage incident caught on camera, Sept. 11, 2015