These people got big awards at the 2018 Chamber Ball
Don Ryan Center for Innovation was awarded as the ‘Bluffton regional business council member of the year’ by the Hilton Head-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce during its annual ball Saturday.
The center (DRCI) has incubated 29 companies since it started in 2012. It helps start-ups by offering advice in business licensing, sales, marketing, accounting, website design, business plans and other areas, according to a chamber press release.
The DRCI partners with local schools, colleges and municipalities to spur economic development.
"The Don Ryan Center for Innovation measures its success by the clients they've helped build successful businesses," Bill Miles, president & CEO of chamber said in a press release. "Their vision is to create a vibrant business climate and that's just what they are doing, and doing very well I might add."
Other award winners include:
▪ Al Stokes — Alice Glenn Doughtie Good Citizenship Award
▪ Tom Reilley — John Curry Tourism Award
▪ Aunt Lauries — Small Business of the Year Award
▪ Emory Campbell — 2018 St. Patrick’s Day Parade Grand Marshal
▪ Second Helpings & Palmetto Breeze — Outstanding Organization of the Year Award
▪ Alex Jospeh — Zonta Woman of the Year Award
▪ Kate Clark — Educator of the Year Award