From GoGamecocks.com come these inspiring ways the LSU Tigers are going out of their way to make visiting USC feel more like the home team they were supposed to be this weekend before flooding devastated Columbia and made hosting a major college athletic event impossible.
For extra details and images, see GoGamecocks' original post here.
1. Transportation - LSU has offered its United Airlines charter to the team.
2. The band - The LSU band is learning the Gamecocks' "We Hail to Thee Carolina" and the team's fight song.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. "Sandstorm" - the music known to modern, towel-waving fans, will be played before the game.
4. Revenue - Ticket sales minus LSU's hosting expenses go to USC.
5. Aid - LSU is allowing the Red Cross to set up donation stations.
6. Keys - Ceremonial "keys to the stadium" will be given by LSU student government to USC student government.
7. Tailgating - LSU will host pregame festivities to "home" fans from USC on the LSU Parade Ground.
8. Hype video - USC's hype video will be played on the stadium screen.
9. Flood victim acknowledgement - There will be a moment of silence observed for victims
10. Billboards - "Geaux Gamecocks!" billboards have been placed around Baton Rouge.
Happy to see LSU pulling out all the stops. I'm not bragging (as told earlier). It's just the right thing to do! pic.twitter.com/ixemaOw49D— Belle Es You (@SouthernbeLLSU) October 9, 2015
Who: USC (2-3, 0-3 SEC) vs. LSU (4-0, 2-0)
When: Saturday, 3:30 p.m.
Where: Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, La.
Line: LSU by 19.5