Author Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" are functioning today. Consider:
1. Control health care and you control the populace and increase debt to an unsustainable level, thus collapsing government budgets.
2. Poverty levels that are high are easier to control through the use of welfare and other government programs.
3. In religion, remove God from government and schools.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Island Packet
4. In education, control reading materials and all aspects of media.
5. Concerning class warfare, divide the classes into the wealthy and the poor. Taxing the wealthy and supporting the poor is called the re-distribution of wealth. Class envy could result in riots and revolution.
6. Concerning gun-control, remove the ability of citizens to defend themselves, therefore making it easy to create a police state.
A key rule is: "Ridicule is a potent weapon. Pick the target, freeze it and polarize it." Note that the tea party has been targeted.
President Barack Obama taught these community organizing ideas in Chicago. His language and actions mirror the teachings of Alinsky. Hillary Clinton wrote her thesis on community organizing based upon the teachings of Alinsky.
A letter written to Alinsky by Hillary Clinton in 1971 states she had "survived law school, slightly bruised, with my belief in and zest for organizing intact."
The mainstream media overlooks the Marxist and anti-American actions of Alinsky's followers.
Peter S. Iulo
Hilton Head Island