Many people are looking for ways to lend a hand after the destruction Hurricane Matthew left behind.
If there’s an opportunity to help that you don’t see listed here, let us know and we’ll add it, including volunteer opportunities.
▪ United Way of the Lowcountry is collecting donations for disaster relief. To donate, visit www.uwlowcountry.org and mark your donation “County Flood Relief.” These donations will be tax deductible.
▪ Samaritan’s Purse is looking for people to help remove trees, patch roofs and clean flooded homes along with other physical labor. To help, go by Lowcountry Community Church at 801 Buckwalter Parkway in Bluffton.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Mercy Chefs is providing meals to emergency personnel and others helping clean-up after Hurricane Matthew. To find out how to help click here.
▪ Hilton Head Area Home Builders Association is getting a plan of action together for relief efforts. Anyone interested in donating or volunteering time and elbow grease, email Executive Officer Meg Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Community Foundation of the Lowcountry’s Disaster Recovery and Rebuilding Fund is accepting donations which will be dispersed throughout Beaufort, Jasper, Hampton and Colleton counties. Donations can be made online at http://www.cf-lowcountry.org/ or checks with “Disaster Recovery” in the memo line can be mailed to Community Foundation of the Lowcountry, P.O. Box 23019, Hilton Head Island, SC 29925. To sign up to volunteer, go to http://www.lowcountryvolunteerconnections.org/signup_registration.
▪ Hearts & Hands Disaster Recovery is accepting volunteers. To help, contact Resource and Volunteer Coordinator Jula Benson at 407-922-9285 or email@example.com.