The American Red Cross recommends bringing the following:
▪ prescription and emergency medication
▪ medical equipment such as a wheelchair/walker, oxygen, etc.
▪ extra clothing
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ blankets and sleeping bags
▪ hygiene supplies
▪ flashlight with extra batteries
▪ small board games
▪ books for entertainment
▪ specialty snacks and juices for those with dietary restrictions
▪ basic snacks
▪ baby food and formula
▪ beach chair or camp chair
▪ insurance papers
▪ other comfort items
Illegal drugs, alcoholic beverages and weapons aren’t allowed.
Neither are pets.
For a list of open shelters, click here.
To ask a storm-related question or to find out the answers to questions that have already been asked, please click here.