Guests and staff at the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa on Grasslawn Avenue got the all clear to return inside about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday after a fire at a poolside restaurant, fire officials said.
The fire was reported at 1 p.m., according to Joheida Fister of Hilton Head Fire and Rescue.
No injuries were reported.
Hotel patrons were evacuated from the hotel before firefighters isolated the flames to an area by the hotel’s restaurant by the pool, Fister said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
All patrons were able to return to their rooms by 3:30 p.m., according to Gail Wargo, director of sales and marketing for the resort.
Wargo said the origin of the fire was a stove hood at The Splash, the poolside restaurant. The restaurant will be closed for a short time, Wargo said.
She could not give any specifics on the severity of the damage to the restaurant.