Beaufort News

Yemassee house damaged during National Night Out

A Cockrum Street home in Yemassee caught fire around 9 p.m. Tuesday night during the town’s National Night Out event.

No one was injured in the fire, though one person was home at the time, Hampton County Fire Chief Greg Cook said on Thursday morning.

The living room of the home caught fire after a suspected electrical problem, Cook said. Fire damage was contained in that area, but other parts of the home had some smoke damage, he said.

A “quick response” from volunteer firefighters “saved the rest of the house,” Cook said.

Joan McDonough: 843-706-8125, @IPBG_Joan

  Comments