Five classroom teachers were named Tuesday as finalists for Beaufort County’s 2016-17 District Teacher of the Year.
The finalists are:
▪ Lawrence Anderson, a fourth-grade math teacher at Mossy Oaks Elementary
▪ Bebe Cifaldi, a fourth-grade math and science teacher at Hilton Head Elementary School for the Creative Arts
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Kelly Goudy, a second-grade teacher at Robert Smalls International Academy
▪ Elizabeth MacMurray, a ninth-grade English Language Arts teacher at Hilton Head Island High
▪ Jennifer McKenzie, a media arts and social studies teacher at Beaufort Middle School
Superintendent Jeff Moss announced the five selections before an audience of more than 1,000 educators at the opening session of Summer Institute 2016, the district’s annual summer professional development conference. This year’s conference sessions are being held at Bluffton High School and H.E. McCracken Middle School.
“These are five outstanding classroom professionals, and any one of them would be an excellent representative for the Beaufort County School District’s teachers,” Moss said.
The District Teacher of the Year will be announced Sept. 16 at an awards breakfast.
The current Teacher of the Year is Beaufort Elementary School teacher Arecely Johnson.