Candidates seeking a political party’s nomination for any office in the 2016 general election may begin filing today at noon.
U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives and 14th Circuit Solicitor candidates must file at the State Election Commission, 1122 Lady Street, Suite 500, Columbia.
For more information about filing for these offices, call 803-734-9060.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ State Senate Districts 43, 45 and 46;
▪ State House of Representatives Districts 118, 120, 121, 122, 123 and 124;
▪ Beaufort County Clerk of Court;
▪ Beaufort County Coroner; and
▪ Beaufort County Council Districts 1, 3, 5 and 7 must file at Board of Voter Registration and Elections of Beaufort County, 15 John Galt Road, Beaufort.
For more information about filing for these offices, call 843-255-6900.
As of early Wednesday afternoon State Sen. Tom Davis announced he had filed for re-election in District 46.
U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford also announced he has filed for re-election in South Carolina's 1st Congressional District.