Beaufort News

Sheldon family displaced by fire

A Sheldon couple were displaced by a fire Tuesday that destroyed their home.

The Yemassee and Sheldon fire departments were called to the mobile home on William Campbell Road after reports of a structure fire, according to the Red Cross.

A 53-year-old man living in the home told Beaufort County sheriff's deputies that he fell asleep, and when he awoke, the stove was on fire.

No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross provided the couple with temporary housing, money to replace lost food and clothing, and other items, according to an agency spokeswoman.

  Comments