The Historic Beaufort Foundation and owners of a historic-but-dilapidated home on Duke Street want to move the structure and save it from demolition.
Their strategy: Give the home to anyone willing to move it away.
The Killingsworth House at 1915 Duke St., owned by Family Enterprises, is one of a few remaining structures in one of Beaufort's earliest suburbs, according to a news release. Owners received permission to demolish the "modest cottage" last month from the city's Historic District Review Board.
The house sits in what was once called Dixon Village, just blocks east of Ribaut Road near the County Courthouse.
Information: Call the foundation at 843-379-3331.