A Burton man suffered burns Thursday after pouring gasoline on a fire in his yard. The man sustained serious burns to 20 percent of his body and was taken to Beaufort Memorial Hospital, according to Burton Fire District spokesman Dan Byrne. Burton firefighters and paramedics from Beaufort County EMS were called at about 2:55 p.m. to the man's home on Stanley Road, where he had been burning yard debris, Byrne said. Byrne said the man attempted to accelerate the fire with gasoline and was injured by the resulting explosion.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.