Eleven Hargray work vans on Hilton Head Island were vandalized overnight Monday and several power tools were stolen from inside, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff's Office report released Wednesday.
Employees of the telecommunications company, located at 856 William Hilton Parkway, noticed the vans' smashed windows Tuesday morning when arriving to work, the report said.
Employees told police someone had broken the windows, then reached inside to unlock the vans, the report said.
Tools used for cable installations worth a total of $850 were taken in the burglary, and a Hargray raincoat worth $40 also was stolen, the report said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Island Packet
In all, 12 windows were broken, resulting in $1,200 in damage, the report said.
The following reports were released Wednesday from the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office:
• Spar Pole Lane: Obscenity reported spray painted on exterior of home. Damage: $200.
• McIntosh Road: Purse worth $40 and wallet worth $10 reported stolen from 2005 Chrysler Town & Country minivan. Window broken. Damage: $200.
• Holiday Inn Oceanfront, 1 South Forest Beach: Laptop worth $1,200, carrying case worth $20 and headphones worth $30 reported stolen from car.
• Belks, 24 Shelter Cove Lane: Ring worth $60 reported stolen.
• Spanish Wells Road: Magnum .357 reported stolen from home.
• Broad River Auto Sales, Neil Road: A vehicle worth $3,193 reported stolen.
Compiled by Patrick Donohue and Josh Lanier