Beaufort News

Fire doused inside Burton public boat landing bathroom

A man who stopped to use the restroom at the Broad River Boat Landing in Burton instead found a fire late Wednesday night.

Around 11 p.m. the man went into the public restroom to find the paper towels inside the dispenser smoldering and smoking, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff’s report.

He told a deputy he flagged down that when he entered the restoom the lights were off but he could smell smoke, according to the report. When he turned the lights on and saw the cause, he tossed water into the dispenser until the fire was out.

The didn’t appear to be any damage aside from the ruined paper towels, according to the report.

Joan McDonough: 843-706-8125, @IPBG_Joan

  Comments