A fire broke out at Skull Creek Boathouse Restaurant on Hilton Head Island overnight, but there was little damage according to a news release from Hilton Head Island Fire and Rescue.
Firefighters responded to the fire at about 1:39 a.m. Monday. The main area of the restaurant, located at 397 Squire Pope Road, was filled with heavy smoke. No one was in the restaurant at the time.
The sprinkler system had been activated, which contained the fire, according to the release. The fire began in the wood storage area for the indoor fire place and appeared to be caused by a smoldering piece of firewood. There was very little fire damage, according to the release.
Three engines, the truck company, a medic unit and the battalion chief responded to the restaurant.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Check back with The Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette for updates.