Six more businesses have confirmed they will be tenants at the Shelter Cove Towne Centre, as the new Hilton Head Island shopping plaza continues to take shape.
The tenants announced Wednesday were:
- GNC, a nutritional-supplements store.
- Island Couture, a women's clothing boutique.
- Orange Leaf, a frozen yogurt shop.
- Palmetto Running Co., a shoe store.
- The French Bakery and Courtyard Cafe, a restaurant that will relocate from its Pineland Station location.
- Woody's Sunglass Shop, a sunglasses retailer.
The shops double the number of tenants planned for the 290,000-square-foot center, which remains on schedule for completion in late spring or early summer, according to center spokeswoman Lauren Glenn.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Island Packet
Other committed tenants are a SERG Group restaurant, Heritage Fine Jewelry and Jake's Wayback Burgers. Jos. A Bank, Belk and Kroger already operate at the shopping center.
The latest additions will begin opening in April, Glenn said.
With the new stores, the center will be 70 percent full, according to mall manager Roni Allbritton. She said the center is negotiating with a dozen other potential tenants to fill remaining space.
The 42-acre center at the site of the former Mall at Shelter Cove is expected to create more than 450 jobs and generate $5.1 million in sales-tax revenue, she said.
Follow reporter Dan Burley at twitter.com/IPBG_Dan.