The Island Packet and The Beaufort Gazette need your help to keep readers informed about the Lowcountry business community. When a new business opens, or an existing business changes location or ownership, let us know. Use this guide to give us the information we need.
Along with the information listed below, you might also wish to submit a portrait photograph of the owner or manager for use as space permits. Please include in your submission the full name of the person pictured.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The Island Packet and The Beaufort Gazette’s weekly business section appears in Friday’s edition. Completed forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday for information to be published the following Friday.
You may list the information as described, or incorporate it into a news release narrative. If including a photograph, don't forget to attach it, and include in the body of the email the full name of the subject.
Please tell us:
- Date of the opening or change of ownership
- Name of the new business
- Address of the new business
- Name of the owner
- Contact information and phone number
- Owner's background (such as previous businesses, education and professional background)
- Manager's name and background (two or three sentences about education and recent jobs)
- Other key employees
- What's the business about? (one or two senteces about services offered or goods sold)
- Indicate if you are including a photo. Don't forget to attach it and tell us the full name of the subject.