The Beaufort County Black Chamber of Commerce is providing financial help to small-business owners by lending $5,000 to $50,000 for start-ups, expansions or for material costs.
The chamber can fund only 75 percent of a project; the remaining 25 percent must come from a non-federal source, according to a news release.
Several requirements must be met, including a stipulation that the applicant's income be no more than 80 percent of the area family median, be current clients or graduates of an approved training program, and be a business owner, with collateral in the business.
For other qualifications and information, call 843-986-1102.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
In other chamber news, the organization's First Friday Networking event will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Hampton Inn at 2342 Boundary St. in Beaufort. Light refreshments will be served, and the event is open to the public.