It’s no secret that summers in the south are hot, which makes it the perfect time to grab an ice cream cone, frozen yogurt or Italian ice.
Luckily, Beaufort County has more than 20 different places for locals and visitors alike to find tasty frozen treats to help them cool off. There’s something for everyone after a day at the beach, a long bike ride or a night out on the town.
Here they are, in no particular order:
▪ YoYo’s Ice Cream, 722 Bay St.: Enjoy 10 different flavors of frozen yogurt in downtown Beaufort. To check what flavors are available, visit beaufortfrozenyogurt.com/the-yogurt.
▪ Southern Sweets Ice Cream Parlor, 917 F Bay St.: Open seven days a week, Southern Sweets offers favorites like sundaes, shakes, sodas, malts, floats, banana splits and egg creams.
▪ Bruster’s Real Ice Cream, 304 Robert Smalls Parkway: A locally owned and operated location with fresh ice cream made on-site each day.
▪ Stellar Ice Cream, 136 Sea Island Parkway, Lady’s Island: This is one of the newest ice cream shops to open in Beaufort County, owned by a Beaufort local offering handmade, small-batch ice creams.
▪ Dairy Queen, 115 Sea Island Parkway, Lady’s Island: Grab a soft-serve cone, a Blizzard (upside down, of course) or another tasty treat.
▪ Jack Frost Ice Cream, 25 William Pope Drive: Jack Frost has all of your favorite ways to eat ice cream and Italian ices in the shop or at private functions.
▪ King of Pops, 15 Captains Cove: The Atlanta-born popsicle company sells its frozen treats at the Bluffton Farmers Market; keep an eye out.
▪ Dairy Queen, 30 Plantation Park Drive: Grab a soft-serve cone, a Blizzard (upside down, of course) or another tasty treat.
▪ Kilwins, 1414 Fording Island Road, Suite C200: Snag some candy, ice cream or another sweet treat with 50 years of Kilwins tradition to back it up.
▪ Carvel Express, 1260 Fording Island Road: There’s a sweet spot right in Tanger Outlets 1 where ice cream has been a long-standing tradition.
Hilton Head Island
▪ Munchies, 1407 Main St.: Try some ice cream, homemade chocolate candy, fudge, baked goods and more at Munchies this summer.
▪ SweetFrog, 33 Office Park Road, Phase 1, Unit D: Swing by to design your own frozen yogurt treat with all of your favorite toppings.
▪ Kilwins, 28 Shelter Cove Lane, Unit 112: Snag some candy, ice cream or another sweet treat with 50 years of Kilwins tradition to back it up.
▪ Frosty’s Italian Ice, 9 Harbourside Lane: Stop by if you have a hankering for homemade Italian ice or fudge in Shelter Cove Harbour.
▪ Orange Leaf, 38 Shelter Cove Lane, #128: Mix it up with a frozen yogurt flavor or topping combination this summer.
▪ Hilton Head Ice Cream, 55 New Orleans Road, #114: Drop by for some traditional and unique flavors — call a couple days in advance if you want a specific flavor.
▪ The Ice Cream Cone, 1 North Forest Beach Drive: They’ve been servin.g ice creams, soft-serve yogurts, sorbets, shakes, malts, floats, old-fashioned sodas, sundaes and more since 1971.
▪ Rita’s Ice, 1 North Forest Beach Drive: Celebrate a great day at the beach with frozen ice or custard at Rita’s in Coligny Plaza.
▪ Frozen Moo, 1 North Forest Beach Drive: You’ll definitely find a flavor you like among the 92 options at Frozen Moo — the largest selection of ice cream flavors on Hilton Head.
▪ Pino Gelato, 1000 William Hilton Parkway G-1: Try authentic Italian gelato on Hilton Head Island, where Pino Gelato started and then grew to have 16 locations.
▪ Sunset Slush, 81 Pope Ave.: Serving up classis Italian ice since 2003 in North Carolina, Sunset Slush brings a unique flavor and texture to the table.
▪ Dairy Queen, 1018 William Hilton Parkway: Grab a soft-serve cone, a Blizzard (upside down, of course) or another tasty treat.
▪ Delishee Yo, 32 Palmetto Bay Road: If you’re looking for frozen yogurt, organic juice and a salad bar, look no further that Delishee Yo for all three.
▪ Salty Dog Ice Cream Factory, 232 S. Sea Pines Drive, #304: Check out the homemade ice creams served up at Salty Dog in South Beach Marina Village.
▪ Sno Cones by Chris, 114 Helmsman Way: Stop by the Palmetto Bay Marina from mid-May to mid-October for one of 34 flavors of snow cones plus toppings.
▪ C'est Bon, 318 The Shops at Sea Pines Center: One of the newer places in town, this gelateria also serves espresso, specialty coffees and other desserts.
▪ Marleys Ice Cream & Trading Co., 35 Office Park Road: Marleys offers homemade ice cream seven days a week at Marleys Island Seafood Grille
Did we miss your favorite place to get ice cream in Beaufort County? Let us know!