Hollywood in the LowcountryTHE GREAT SANTINIFilmed and released in 1979. Cast: Robert Duvall, Michael O'Keefe, Blythe Danner.
- Based on the novel by Lowcountry resident Pat Conroy.
- The Meechum family's marshview home is Tidalholm, a private residence in the historic Old Point neighborhood.
- Many of the military scenes were filmed at Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort. Beaufort Middle School was used for scenes of a nighttime basketball game, a prom and the first day of school.
THE BIG CHILLFilmed and released in 1983. Cast: Tom Berenger, Glenn Close, Jeff Goldblum, William Hurt, Kevin Kline, Mary Kay Place, Meg Tilly, JoBeth Williams.
- The central location for "The Big Chill" was Tidalholm.
- The jogging scene with Kevin Kline was filmed on Bay Street in downtown Beaufort.
THE PRINCE OF TIDESFilmed in 1990, released in 1991. Cast: Nick Nolte, Barbra Streisand, Blythe Danner, Kate Nelligan.
- Based on the novel by Pat Conroy.
- The beach scenes were filmed on Fripp Island.
- Aerial shots that pan across the marshes in the opening scene are of the Beaufort River, near the J.E. McTeer Bridge.
FORREST GUMPFilmed in 1993, released in 1994. Cast: Tom Hanks, Sally Fields, Robin Wright Penn, Gary Sinise.
- The front of the University of South Carolina Beaufort Performing Arts Center in downtown Beaufort depicts the Gump Medical Center that Forrest Gump endows.
- Two Beaufort-area bridges along U.S. 21 appear Movies filmed in Beaufort in Forrest Gump's transcontinental run. One is the Woods Memorial Bridge in downtown Beaufort. The other is the Chowan Creek Bridge between Lady's Island and St. Helena Island.
- The house where Bubba Blue's mother lived is an existing private home on Lady's Island.
- Beaufort resident Marlena Smalls plays Bubba's mother, and her singing group, the Hallelujah Singers, are featured in the movie.
- Most of the Vietnam scenes were filmed on Fripp Island - the mountains are computer simulations - and the scenes of Forrest carrying bodies of wounded were shot at the Hunting Island lagoon.
THE JUNGLE BOOKFilmed and released in 1994. Cast: Jason Scott Lee, Cary Elwes, Lena Headey, Sam Neill, John Cleese.
- Lush, subtropical Fripp Island, a residential community built on a barrier island, became Rudyard Kipling's jungles of India.
CHASERSFilmed in 1993, released in 1994. Cast: Tom Berenger, William McNamara, Erika Eleniak, Crispin Glover, Dean Stockwell, Gary Busey, Marilu Henner, Dennis Hopper.
- Harold's Country Club Bar and Grill in Yemassee was a filming location.