More than 150 competitiors from as far away as Idaho, Utah and Connecticut ventured to Hilton Head Island as CrossFit Hilton Head hosted the first I CAN Games on Saturday, June 16, in Chaplin Park.
The 162 CrossFit athletes competed in four different grueling workouts throughout the day. The top five competitors in each of the five divisions then participated in a fifth workout to determine the winners.
"This event couldn't have happened without sponsorship from Hargray and the support of almost 100 volunteers," CrossFit Hilton Head owner and head coach Craig Hysell said.
The proceeds from the event went to four local charities: The Ret Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Hope Haven of the Lowcountry, Honor Our Heroes Veteran's Foundation, and Achievement Through Attitude Educational Foundation.
Never miss a local story.
If you want to learn more about CrossFit, CrossFit Hilton Head holds a free class at 8 every Saturday morning.
CrossFit I CAN Games Results
June 16, Chaplin Park, Hilton Head Island
1. Daniel Petro, CrossFit Smyrna; 2. Brian Prochaska, CrossFit Augusta; 3. George "Juice" Bell, Iron Forged Athletics
1. Ryan Flanagan, No Excuses; 2. Stuwart Reitmire, CrossFit Beaufort; 3. Will Hedges, CrossFit Hephzibah
1. Ric Thompson, CrossFit RTC; 2. Teddy Binette, CrossFit Beaufort; 3. Julian Pierce, No Excuses
1. Erin Carter, Inertia CrossFit; 2. Stacy Mandock, Redpoint CrossFit; 3. Heather Harrelson
1. Kate Nolan, CrossFit Hilton Head; 2. Teresa Vandevander, Southern Pines CrossFit; 3. Jessica Clohessy, HIT CrossFit