The recent debates have candidates from the GOP party falling over each other with their promises to help our veterans.
Their party’s recent history, though, indicates what they should expect.
Recent veterans bills killed by the GOP:
▪ Veterans Affairs 2015: Estimated 70,000 veterans lost needed care.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Veterans Family Services 2014: Funding for wounded veterans and families.
▪ Veterans Health and Benefits 2014: 41 of 45 Republican Senators voted against.
▪ Veterans Job Corps Act 2012.
▪ Veterans Homeless Act 2010.
All were killed by either the GOP House or GOP Senate.
Marc Rubio has missed 188 votes this year, while being paid more than $170,000, plus benefits. Unfortunately, he made votes to restrict the veterans from receiving health care and limiting benefits.
He is not the only candidate who has voted against the veterans; his is just the worst record.
I wish there was a truth meter on stage for all debates, so frequently the actual truth regarding what we are voting for could be exposed.