Horry County police arrested 17 men on prostitution charges after an undercover operation using several websites, according to a police report.
Officers used a confidential informant on June 27 to post profiles on the websites that were known “to be utilized in the aiding of prostitution,” according to the report. “The suspects then contacted the confidential informant and arranged for a time and place to meet.”
Once a transaction for a sexual act was made with the informant, Horry County police arrested the men on charges of prostitution, according to the report. Some of the men also were charged with drug possession.
The men included:
• David Wayne Bell, 51, of Myrtle Beach
• Kendell Latavia Black, 23, of Myrtle Beach
• Gene Craig Dobson, 42, of Conway
• Jasper Cleveland Gerald, 55, of Marion
• Calvin Pink Gore, 50, of Little River
• Romero Alejandro Hernandez, 33, of Myrtle Beach
• Charles Clay Jackson, 43, of North Myrtle Beach
• Glennie Alonzo Johnson, 44, of Garden City Beach
• Rusty Duane Locklair, 41, of Georgetown
• Doran Lanard Mazyck, 28, of Myrtle Beach
• Sherwood Brian Newkirk, 42, of Kinghtdale, N.C.
• Patrick William Polly, 47, of Conway
• Joseph Anthony Ponticello, 33, Myrtle Beach
• Dagoberto Rodriguez, 30, of Myrtle Beach
• Juan Rosales, 30, of Myrtle Beach
• Carlos Noe Pu Sapon, 22, of Myrtle Beach
• Fredrick Vaught, 46, of Longs
Black, Jackson, Dobson, Polly and Mazyck were each charged with narcotics violations, according to the report. No other details were listed in the report.