The Beaufort County Democratic Party will hold its precinct organization meetings from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Local Democrats and anyone interested in getting involved in the party can participate, according to a news release.
Participants should arrive by 9:45 a.m.
Precinct officers will be elected and resolutions for inclusion in the Democratic platform in South Carolina will be drafted, the release said.
Never miss a local story.
The meeting is required for all delegates to the county or state Democratic conventions.
The meetings will be held at the following locations:
- Lady's Island, St. Helena Island precincts -- Darrah Hall, Penn Center. Contact: John Glover at 843-838-2571, Peter Post at 843-838-7957.
- Sheldon Township precincts (Dale, Lobeco, Seabrook, Sheldon) -- Christian Home Society, 1 Jacob White Road, Jenkins. Contact: Edgar Williams at 843-846-8629, Rufus Williams at 347-558-5629.
- Beaufort, Burton, Port Royal, Mossy Oaks precincts -- Beaufort Elementary School. Contact Alison Davidow at 843-522-9948, Hattie Brown at 843-379-6640.
- Sun City Hilton Head precincts -- Palmetto Electric Cooperative on U.S., 278 across from Sun City. Contact: Paul Russo at 843-705-2674.
- Bluffton precincts -- Bluffton High School atrium. Contact: Larry Thompson at 843-252-7915, Kevin Schoneman at 843-505-1732, Dave Rice at 843-757-7505.
- Hilton Head Island precincts -- Hilton Head Island Middle School. Contact: John Giles at 843-684-3006.