A Georgia man is facing charges after his wife suffered burns from a fire caused when he apparently used a cigarette lighter to ignite fuel at a gas station.
Austin Dawkins, 37, of Clarkesville, faces reckless conduct charges after the Oct. 16, incident, according to CNN.
His wife, Jessica Dawkins, 30, was standing nearby when Austin Dawkins brought the lighter near the fuel nozzle, CNN reported. Video surveillance shows flames shooting from the nozzle and igniting the clothing of Jessica Dawkins. She suffered second- and third-degree burns to her legs, arms, back and head.
Warning: Video is graphic.
Never miss a local story.
WPTV - West Palm, Fla.