A Port Royal family was temporarily displaced from their home following a kitchen fire Saturday morning, according to the Beaufort-Port Royal Fire Department.
Firefighters called to the Stuart Lane apartment about 8:50 a.m. found the residents had already extinguished flames from a stovetop fire, Capt. Larry DeLoach said. No injuries were reported, and the apartment sustained minor damage, he said.
The family of two adults and an infant received financial assistance and comfort kits from the American Red Cross, according to a news release.