The city of Beaufort will hold several meetings for the public to weigh in on a draft of its new code.
The Beaufort Code will be presented at City Hall council chambers at 2 p.m. on March 3 and at 5:30 p.m. March 7. The new rules will then go before neighborhoods.
The schedule for neighborhood meetings:
☆Unless noted otherwise, meetings will take place in City Hall planning conference room.
Never miss a local story.
- Depot area, 4 p.m. March 9
- West End, Hermitage, Dixon Village residential, 6 p.m. March 9
- Historic District, council chambers, 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. March 14
- Mossy Oaks and neighborhoods south, council chambers, 5:30 p.m. March 15
- Neighborhoods West (Battery Point, Islands of Beaufort, etc.) and Lady’s Island neighborhoods, 2 p.m. March 21
- Boundary Street, Ribaut Road, Robert Smalls Parkway, Lady's Island Drive, Sea Island Parkway, Parris Island Gateway commercial areas, 10 a.m., March 22
- Pigeon Point, Higgonsville, 5:30 p.m. March 23
City staff hope to have the code to a City Council workshop and public hearing in April and passed by mid-June.
The Beaufort Code