Naval Hospital Beaufort will experience some planned power outages in the coming weeks.
On Feb. 29, electricity will be out throughout the Bachelor’s Enlisted Quarters, NEX gas station, drive-through pharmacy and various support buildings across the base. Patients can pick up prescription refills inside the hospital at the main pharmacy on the first floor.
On March 2, power will be out throughout housing, the truck inspection station, the ATM machine and various support buildings across the base.
Naval Support Facility Beaufort is installing new five-way switches to improve electrical efficiency across the base. Each phase will begin at 8 a.m. and last approximately 15 hours. Patient care is not expected to be affected.
Never miss a local story.
In preparation for the outages, residents are asked to:
- Make sure all electronics are off or plugged into surge protectors
- Ensure you have adequate storage for any perishable items (coolers with ice, etc.)
- Nopen your refrigerator or freezer once the power is out
- Make plans for eating out and being away from the house
- Ensure you have batteries available for flashlights for the evening
If you have a medical situation requiring power, contact Bob Bible at Atlantic Marine Corps Communities at 843-322-0597