A yard debris fire spread to a Burton resident's home and also destroyed a shed Tuesday, a Burton Fire District spokesman said.
Firefighters arrived at the home on Jeter Road about 1:30 p.m. to find the fire had ignited a shed and spread to the roof of a home, spokesman Dan Byrne said. Firefighters contained the fire to the home's roof and put it out in 30 minutes, he added.
Firefighters were on scene for two hours in all.
Damage to the home was limited to the roof and the exterior, although the home's interior had smoke damage. The shed was a loss, Byrne said.
Never miss a local story.
No injuries resulted from the fire. The Beaufort-Port Royal Fire Department and Beaufort County EMS also responded, Byrne said.
Follow reporter Matt McNab on Twitter at twitter.com/IPBG_Matt.