The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry has awarded $396,504 in grants to nonprofit organizations that serve Beaufort County residents.
A foundation news release Monday announced the following grants:
- Heroes on Horseback -- $130,000 to partially fund the purchase of a permanent home for the organization.
- Hope Haven of the Lowcountry -- $36,504 to outfit the organization's new larger office space.
- Mental Health America of Beaufort and Jasper Counties -- $70,000 to renovate its new Bluffton space.
- Osprey Village -- $140,000 for the construction of a two-bedroom residence for developmentally disabled adults.
- S.C. Governor's School for Science and Math -- $20,000 for a technology-based summer camp for rising Beaufort County seventh- and eighth-graders.