American Red Cross volunteers assisted two victims of a Port Royal apartment fire Friday afternoon, according to a news release from the organization.
The fire, at 2208 Southside Blvd., began about 4:30 p.m. The Port Royal Fire Department responded to the blaze, which caused minor damage, the release said.
The Red Cross provided the victims with money for lost food and temporary shelter. It also provided comfort kits and referrals to partner agencies to assist with long-term recovery, the release said.