A fifth concert has been added to the late summer Port Royal Street Music Concert series, filling a hole left in the schedule when series planners moved a concert for a Candice Glover concert that has since been scuttled.
Pianist and singer Lavon Stevens and singer Louise Spencer will perform a jazz concert Sept. 14.
The Carroll Brown Celtic Band was originally scheduled for Sept. 14, but was moved to Oct. 5 when ARTworks was told the Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce was planning a concert for American Idol and St. Helena native Glover.
However, that performance will not occur. It conflicts with a concert Glover will have Sept. 12 at the Tanger Outlets in greater Bluffton.
The schedule changes left a big hole in the Street Music schedule, said ARTworks executive director J.W. Rone, so the jazz night was added.
The full series schedule is:
- Aug. 17: Ronstadt Generations from Tucson, History Through Music
- Aug. 31: Dwayne Dopsie and the Zyedco Hell Raisers from New Orleans
- Sept. 14: Lavon and Louis, jazz group from Hilton Head Island
- Sept. 28: a Trio of Blues Masters: Andy Cohen, from Memphis; Walter Liniger, from Columbia; Eleanor Ellis, from Washington, D.C.
- Oct. 5: Carroll Brown Celtic Band
All concerts begin at 6 p.m. near the end of Paris Avenue. Attendees often bring food, beverages, chairs and blankets and set up more than an hour beforehand.
Follow reporter Erin Moody at twitter.com/IPBG_Erin.