The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry recently gave $120,000 in grants to four area organizations.
Grants were given to:
- Volunteers in Medicine Clinic: $43,044 for updates to an electronic medical records system for the free clinic.
- Hilton Head Island Safe Harbour: $16,500 to fund a part-time scheduling coordinator. The organization helps Hilton Head residents who want to stay in their homes as they age.
- Memory Matters: $30,673 for its "Memory Care through Innovative Technology" program. The funds will go towards hardware and software used regularly in its Daycare and Brain Boosts programs.
- Sandbox Children's Museum: $11,286 for a early childhood education initiative developed in partnership for the Neighborhood Outreach Connection.
- Society of Bluffton Artists: $12,000 to equip its Center for Creative Arts, will be function as an arts education center and event space.
- The University of South Carolina Research Foundation: $9,000 for the Charles E. Fraser Sustainable Resort Development Conference, which will be hosted in Harbour Town.
The foundation has awarded more than $47 million in grants in its 19-year history.