A fire burned down the garage of an unoccupied Hilton Head Plantation home early Monday, according to the Town of Hilton Head Fire & Rescue Division.
A neighbor reported that the house on Crepe Myrtle Court was on fire at about 4:30 a.m. with flames showing through the roof, a news release said.
When firefighters arrived, the garage was engulfed in flames. They put out the fire before it caused major damage to the main section of the home.
It appeared the blaze started outside the garage near an electrical outlet and then spread.
Never miss a local story.
No one was at home at the time of the fire.