Quantize Greer thought he was going to Taylor's Mobile Home Park in Burton to purchase about $2,500 worth of marijuana, authorities say.
Instead, he was robbed and fatally shot.
And he didn't go there alone, according to a report released earlier this week about the fatal shooting of Greer, 22, on Sept. 6.
Investigators believe Jessica Power, 21, of Beaufort went to the mobile home park with Greer to meet with Antonio Brewer, 26, believing they would make a buy from Brandon Adron Singleton, 28, Walter Travoy Tucker, 28, and 32-year-old Travis Abe Polite, according to Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Sgt. Robin McIntosh. The men are from Seabrook, Atlanta and Dale, respectively.
Never miss a local story.
Further details about Power and Brewer were not released by the Sheriff's Office because the investigation is ongoing.
Singleton, Tucker and Polite -- who have since been arrested and charged in connection with Greer's shooting -- forced their way into Brewer's home, robbing the inhabitants at gunpoint, according to a Sheriff's Office report released to the public Monday.
"The victims were lured to the home for the purpose of purchasing marijuana, however, there was no marijuana," McIntosh said Wednesday. "The defendants set the incident up with the intentions of robbing them, not actually selling them drugs."
At some point during the robbery, --which took place at about 2 p.m., -- deputies believe Tucker attacked and fatally shot Greer, according to the report. McIntosh declined to say why Greer was shot.
Before the report was released Monday, authorities had said only that Greer was kidnapped and shot at the mobile home park during an apparent drug deal. Monday's report was the first mention of other robbery victims and the first time a shooter has been named.
All three suspects remained in the Beaufort County Detention Center as of Wednesday night.
Singleton, who was arrested outside his Keans Neck home Sept. 7, and Tucker, who was arrested in Buncombe County, N.C., on Sept. 22, are both charged with murder, armed robbery and kidnapping, according to the jail log. Polite faces murder and armed robbery charges.
Singleton was denied bond Sept. 8 and indicted by a grand jury Oct. 18.
Since 2000, Singleton has been arrested 15times in Beaufort County, according to court records. Pending charges against him include assault and battery with intent to kill, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, armed robbery and instances of kidnapping. Those charges stem from separate incidents -- one in April 2008 and another in June 2010. It's not clear when his next court date will be.
Tucker was extradited from the Buncombe County Detention Facility on Oct. 23 and denied bond on Oct. 24, according to court records. He is scheduled to appear in court for the most recent charges Nov. 16. Tucker was charged with attempted murder in Miami-Dade County in 2008 and released in February, according to court records.
Polite, arrested Oct. 19 outside his home on Morgan Road, waived his bond hearing Oct. 25. He will appear in court for the Sept. 6 charges Nov. 16, according to court records. Charges against Polite in connection with a 2009 armed robbery are still pending, according to court records.
The investigation is ongoing but "no additional co-defendants are being sought at this time," McIntosh said.