The Lowcountry Area Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Coalition is offering free income tax assistance in Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper counties for low- to moderate-income, elderly and limited English proficient individuals and families.
Tax preparation will be available at several locations from Jan. 30 to April 18. For appointments, call 843-321-9071.
In Beaufort County, tax help will be available at:
▪ Beaufort library, 311 Scott St. in Beaufort: Mondays, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Thursdays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Bluffton library, 120 Palmetto Way in Bluffton: Mondays, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturdays by appointment, noon to 4 p.m.
▪ St. Helena library, 6355 Jonathan Francis Senior Road on St. Helena Island: Tuesdays, 2 to 8 p.m.
▪ Goodwill Industries, 509 Island West Park, Bluffton: Thursdays, 5 to 8 p.m.
▪ The Deep Well Project, 80 Capital Drive, Hilton Head Island: Thursdays, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
▪ Lobeco library, 1862 Trask Parkway, Seabrook: Saturdays, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.