A fire caused by a space heater destroyed a home in Burton early Sunday morning, according to a Burton Fire District spokesman.
The fire started around 12:45 a.m. Sunday in a home on Miranda Circle, Fire District spokesman Daniel Byrne said.
Byrne said the fire started after a space heater was left too close to combustibles in the home.
Firefighters were on the scene quickly. The fire was under control in five minutes and out within 30 minutes, Byrne said.
Never miss a local story.
Six people were displaced by the fire, including an 11-month-old baby and three other children, according to an American Red Cross release. Byrne said they were woken up by a smoke detector after the fire started.
Byrne said one of the children had to jump from a window, and another had to be pulled from a bedroom window by a parent.
A man and a child were treated for minor injuries at the scene, Byrne said.
The Red Cross provided the family with temporary housing and comfort kits after the fire, the release said.