The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program will prepare tax returns for all low- and moderate-income taxpayers, with special attention to those 60 and older, according to a news release.
The program offers electronic filing at the following locations starting the first week of February:
- Hilton Head Island library, 11 Beach City Road -- 1 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 4 to April 15; walk-in only.
- Hilton Head Island Senior Center, 58 Shelter Cove Lane -- 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 6 to April 10; walk-in only.
- Bluffton library, 120 Palmetto Way -- 1 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 5 to April 9; walk-in only.
- Sun City Hilton Head -- Mondays and Thursdays, Feb. 6 to April 10; by appointment only, sign up at Lifestyle Services.
- Daufuskie Island -- Saturdays, Feb. 8 to April 12; by appointment only, call Pat Dempsey at 843-686-6270.
Bring photo IDs, Social Security cards for all family members, last year's tax return, W-2 Forms, 1099 Forms, 1098 Forms, and any information concerning real estate and personal property deductions, medical expenses, charitable contributions and estimated tax payments. If a joint return, both parties must be present to sign the return.
Never miss a local story.
Details: Helen Hauer at 843-785-1933.