A small grease fire broke out Wednesday evening at the Bluffton Food Lion, but was quickly extinguished.
At about 6:15 p.m., Bluffton Township Fire District firefighters were called to the Food Lion on Fording Island Road. A small grease fire had started in the deli area of the store.
An employee was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher. One engine company and one truck company remained on scene to help the store with smoke removal.
Customers were allowed back within the building within 30 minutes.