A Colleton County man was critically injured when his mobile home exploded on Thursday afternoon, according to officials.
The man’s brother, who lives next door, heard the explosion and pulled his brother from the burning single-wide mobile home on Caesar Lane near Ritter, according to a post on the Twitter account for Colleton County Fire and Rescue.
The man was flown from Colleton Medical Center to the Still Burn Center in Augusta, according to another post on the fire department’s Twitter account.
He has severe burns over about 70 percent of his body, ABC News 4 reported.
Never miss a local story.
Colleton County Fire-Rescue Chief Barry McRoy told the television station that it appeared a gas stove caused the explosion.