The search for a director of a Hilton Head Island economic development board has been narrowed to three candidates.
The position to lead the town's Economic Development Corp. pays $110,000 to $125,000.
The three candidates are:
- Rick Duke is the director of the University of Mississippi's economic-development research park, according to his resume.
- Bill Hudson, who lives in Scottsdale, Ariz., works in commercial real estate. He has served on multiple economic-development boards, according to his resume.
- Donald Kirkman, based in Atlantic Beach, N.C., owns an economic-development consulting firm, according to his resume.
A decision is expected by next week, said board member Carlton Dallas, who led the search committee. The director will start next month.
More than 65 people applied for the position, Dallas said.
The director will work to lure companies to the area by going on scouting trips, meeting with corporate executives and overseeing a website and marketing campaign, among other duties, according to town documents.
Follow reporter Dan Burley at twitter.com/IPBG_Dan.
- Hilton Head council to take final vote on $70 million budget, June 17, 2014
- Hilton Head economic development board wants to triple its budget, March 25, 2014