A number of changes -- from an eyebrow studio to a new hot dog stand -- are occurring around northern Beaufort County:
- A beauty salon specializing in eyebrows has opened in Beaufort.
The Brow Company Beauty Bar & Makeup Studio, a full-service eyebrow salon and retail store, has opened at 1115 Boundary St., the former home of Sweet Dreams, Sewn Seams & Jelli Beans.
According to its website, the salon provides brow threading, waxing, sugaring, tweezing, tinting and extensions. It also has makeup services.
Never miss a local story.
Takiya Smith originally opened Beautique Lash and Brow in Beaufort in 2010, and the business also has locations in Bluffton, Savannah and on Dataw Island.
Information: facebook.com/TheBrowCompany, 843-322-0426
- Sign framing has gone up on the boardwalk at The Sands beach in Port Royal so it can be renamed in honor of former mayor and councilman Henry Robinson, who served a total of 38 years. Plans to extend and repair the boardwalk are also moving ahead, with a $150,000 state grant to begin the work. Town manager Van Willis said construction is tentatively slated to begin in November.
- Bay's Hot Dogs received Beaufort City Council approval Tuesday to operate in Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park, and the food cart is already up and running. Warren Lombard, husband of owner Sally Lombard and self-proclaimed Hot Dog Man, said he'll set up the cart most days by 11 a.m. and can stay open until 9 p.m. Hot dogs range from $2 to $5, and he also serves drinks, chips and nachos.
- Wendy's restaurant at 2234 Boundary St. remains closed after a kitchen fire Saturday. Beaufort/Port Royal Fire Department spokesman John Robinson said damage was minimal and the restaurant is expected to reopen. A Wendy's spokesman could not be reached for comment.
- The town of Port Royal received its new firetruck Friday. The truck is at headquarters at 135 Ribaut Road, where it will take about a week to prepare it for service. It will be moved to the Port Royal station at 1750 Paris Ave.
Follow reporter Erin Moody at twitter.com/IPBG_Erin.